Here is what we had last night for our Monday Meals dinner :)
(My battery was dead on our family camera-so my apologies-these are photos from my cell phone!)
BBQ Chicken Pizza was HUGE success with Parker. I am sure because it was called "PIZZA" he happily ate it!
Here is my long awaited secret! I have homemade Cal zones that everyone LOVES! It is the dough that is the key. This dough is used in our house for homemade pizza too! So here is my secret recipe below-but not everyone wants to slave over homemade dough! (The key is a Kitchen-Aid Mixer!)
It really makes the process easy and I love homemade dough-it is healthier!
I have made this dough since Mike and I were first married.
The crust calls for 2 & 1/2 Cups of All Purpose flour. I know that there is NOTHING nutritious about white flour. So, I experimented last night and used 1 cup of whole wheat flour and the dough raised and it tasted fabulously "healthy!"
I use the weight watchers BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe as the main recipe for this pizza.
- The only thing I do differently is I add beans on the pizza. I would love to use black beans, but Parker won't eat Black beans.
- I cook the onion with my chicken
- Instead of buying the recommended crust I made mine.
There are sweet memories (or shall I say yummy pies), that were made with this rolling pin! My Grandma Clark was a fabulous cook and baker. I had 2 fabulous grandmothers and each one were excellent bakers. I think I may have inherited their love of baking and cooking from them :) Therefore, I am thrilled to have grandma's rolling pin. Thanks mom for passing it on to me :)
A special note: If you have a Kitchen-Aid Mixer this will be an easy and nutritious crust for homemade pizza! I LOVE my Kitchen-Aid Mixer. It is one of my sweetest possessions that I own. Mike got it for me our first Christmas after we were married. It is still the best gift he has ever gotten me! (I think!?) I use it at least 3-4 times a week. So, that is why my friends call me -"Jenny Crocker!"
So, here is the long awaited secret recipe for my homemade pizza dough!
Jenn's Homemade Pizza Crust
2&1/2 -3 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
*(or 1 Cup of Whole Wheat flour and 1&1/2 -2 Cups of All-Purpose)
2 tsp Mrs. Dash (Garlic & Herb Seasoning) (MY SECRET)
1pkg Rapid Rise Yeast
3TBSP Olive Oil
1 Cup very warm water (about 120 degrees)
- In large mixing bowl, mix 1 cup of flour, sugar, seasoning, salt and yeast.
- Add oil and warm water. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl frequently.
- Stir in enough remaining flour until dough is soft and leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface.
- Knead 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth and springy.
- Cover loosely with plastic with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Prepare crust in 2 pans for thin crust or 1 large sheet pan for thicker crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes
- Add sauce and toppings and bake for additional 7-10 minutes or until crust is lightly brown on edges.
(I did add green peppers to this-Parker doesn't mind them:)
Sign up here to share and gain some great recipes.