"Don't Worry-Be Happy!"
I can see that I am now becoming more accustomed to a "monthly blog entry" instead of a weekly blog!
We are busy with work and are doing good-however this is one of my busyiest school years ever!
I embarked upon a "first" and went to visit a student today at his house!
I have a student who is due to have surgery,Monday morning,on his arm due to a severe injury!
I have one of those students that makes everyone smile, and no matter what his circumstances are he always has a smile on his face. Ethan is prone to accidents and adventures!!!Here is the background of Ethan's reason for my visit today!
- My school year began with Ethan getting an ear plug stuck in his ear, in late Aug. and having to go to the Dr. and surgicially getting it removed.(Never a dull moment in 3rd grade litterally! I just go with the flow with my class!)
- In the beginning of October, He was on his "Wheelies"-and took a fall and broke his lower RIGHT arm and was in a cast for 4 weeks!
- So-here we are in November-Guess what he did this time?Last night,Ethan was helping his 5 year old brother cut a piece of plastic off of a toy truck with his "Swiss Army Knife" and accidentally sliced his LEFT arm! He sliced his arm, to the extent that he cut a vein and tendon in the arm. He nearly beld to death! The Dr. told his mom he was 5 mm. short of slicing the main artery and bleeding to death...God's angels were protecting him! Ethan has a follow up with the surgeon tomorrow morning to determine the extent of the surgery for Monday and what movement & sensation he may or may not have! Keep him in your prayers please!
- My class made him pop-up cards today! They were so sympathetic to his injury, that they wanted to go way out on their hand-made cards.
- We had a 1/2 day of school (for a teacher work day this afternoon) and I took the cards and a big singing balloon- "Don't Worry-Be Happy!" to him at his house.
Looks like God still has a mission for me to fulfill at NCCS!
May you be able to find someone this week to lift up too?!