“Mom, what are we having for dinner?”
Does this sound familiar?
I find myself asking what I should make for dinner more then 1 or 2 times a week. I do not want to be so busy that I can not have time to cook and plan for the family. I have so many yummy meals that I make on a regular basis-but I am always looking for fast ones; i.e.:crock-pot meals, 5 ingredients or less, child loved (and nutritious), or just simple ones.
Many of you know that cooking is a passion of mine. I enjoy it in deed-but finding that "time" is much harder now that we have two kids . I really enjoy the breaks when we do get to eat out! However, eating out on a regular basis adds up really fast and depletes our "eating out fund" FAST! We are a budgeting family. I plan my meals around the weekly store sales. Occassionally,we can do better to eat out IF it is at Mike's favorite restaurant; Costco = $1.50 Hot Dog Combo Dinner! LOL-But for my kind of "eating out" and more healthy (ok maybe not so
So, we choose to save those restaurants for special occasions.
Here is all you have to do:
1. Post about Monday Meals on your blog-sometime during that week.
- Does not have to be on Monday-but you can call it Monday Meals so that so we all know what you are referring to.
- If you would link it back to my blog I would appreciate it! :) WINK!
- I want to see those recipe
- please share the recipe or the website that you got it from.
- photos are not necessary-but a perk
- You may want to post a special reason why you made that meal?
- i.e.;family favorite, chicken was on sale, you wanted a $10.00 meal or less, you accidentally created the meal-because you were out of something the recipe called for!
4. Was it a success or flop?
- (I have had a few of those moments and I am sure I will have MANY more.)
- This may not go anywhere
- I will give it 3 weeks
Tonight, I get to share the story with Parker about this special meal we are having;
(Click on the “Hobo Dinners” to see the actual recipe).
1. I chose this meal because I had it as a little girl.
2. I was always so excited to see if we got cheese on our burgers!
4. (Having a nearly 3 year old-I have to find special ways to get veggies in his body!)
5. It is SUMMER tme and this can also go on the grill for 30 min.
During dinner Parker, was not so sure what to think at first. He got ALL excited about dinner being served this way!~ Then he wouldn't eat it. So, he and daddy played a game to see how much he could really eat. He ate it! I am sure that the cupcakes for dessert were a great motivator too! Mike, said he liked it and I would say overall it was a success! We had ketchup for Parker to dip his burger in. :)
I hope to hear of some more great meals from you!
Remember,you do not have to do it every week and I am not expecting any gourmet meals! I would just love to see us spending more time as families at OUR dinner tables and not always at a restaurant.
Here are few photos of my preparations ~and it only took me 15 minutes. YEAH!
1 C Ketchup
1/4 C Worcestire sauce,
3 TBS Olive oil,
2 TBS Brown Sugar
I pour the marinade on the top.
(sit these in fridge for 3-4 hours)