How Many Have Visited....

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Adventure

Gas has been SO hard to get these days! I will not go into the long story, but if you hear it affecting the south it is true! We are at $4.29 a gallon right now and some days there is gas and some days you pass 12 -20 gas stations before it is available. If it is available, there might be a limit, 20-40 minute wait, or only good to get for an hour till it is all gone! So, I have been really trying to preserve my gas, and not just be "on the go" every day! Thankfully, I have 3/4 of a tank and hope it lasts a good week still.
I wanted to take Parker to a pumpkin patch (we went to 1 year ago with my sisters)however, it was a distance that was unecessary at this time. So, we went to a local Methodist Church that has a "pumpkin patch" that they create each fall! Afterall, I just wanted some cute photos and it was free! We went with Aunt Samantha, Marlee, Aunt Shawna & Luke!
I LOVE the fall! Some of my favorites about fall:

The smell of apple-cinnamon candles, freshbaked pies and breads, finally wearing longsleeves, OK, I'll admit I even like a few presents in October for my birthday , but I get really excited when all the pumpkins arrive and leaves start to change! One of the great things that our God does to bring change in the seasons and a time to reflect his beauty!
As Parker gets older, I hope he learns to love the beauty of the seasons!
Happy Fall to all of you!
Now, some homemade pumpkin pie would be perfect right now!


Click to play Adventure at Pumpkin Patch
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it!
we're headed pumpkin hunting in two weeks.
Parker looks like he had fun.